Curriculum vitaeDownload CV
Reinforcement Learning, Machine Learning, Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning, Computer Vision
Air Traffic Management (ATM), Autonomous Transport Systems, Safety-Critical Autonomy, UAS Traffic Management (UTM)
- Adapted the SkyTrakx approach to generate operational volumes (OVs) for flight plans of electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) vehicles, to be used for pre-flight strategic deconfliction.
- Developing an rapidly-exploring random tree (RRT*) based approach for flight plan generation of eVTOLs with dynamically no-fly volumes created by other aircraft.
- esearching a hybrid architectural approach to an air traffic manager using both strategic pre-flight route deconfliction of OVs, as well as an en route multi-agent reinforcement learning (MARL) based tactical component to maintain separation assurance.
- Performing research into the impact of wind on small USA and larger eVTOL aircraft, for route deviation detection as part of the NASA in-time learning-based aviation safety management system (ILASMS) for AAM.
- Implemented a data driven approach to generate OV segments for a small flight plan based on reach tube generation techniques.
- Researching suitable strategic planning and deconfliction approaches, for deconfliction of multiple OVs belonging to several aircraft for efficient movement within an airspace sector.
- Built a MARL-based system, using existing methods, for an en route separation assurance system utilising altitude changes of aircraft.
- Performed research into adaptations of en route airspace sectors to facilitate improved data management for en route, learning-based tactical deconfliction.
- Machine Learning (GWU, Swansea)
- Artificial Intelligence (GWU)
- Big Data and Data Mining (Swansea)
- Mathematics for Data Science (Swansea)
- Secure Autonomous Systems (GWU)
- Algorithm Analysis and Design (GWU, Swansea)
Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, Multi-Agent Systems